- Performs comprehensive analysis and design for program changes, and reviews and provides input to requirement specifications.
- Defines development tasks and provides time estimates to aid in scheduling.
- Completes complex program changes based on provided requirements and communicates progress back to the team.
- Shares knowledge and provides expertise and guidance to teammates. Mentors newer employees and provides feedback on progress.
- Participates in the testing cycle by writing test automation scripts, documenting test plans, and executing manual testing. Reports comprehensive results back to the project team.
- Serve as a technical leader; make significant technical contributions, provide technical direction, and evaluate new technologies for adoption.
- Act as a focal point to communicate project design and status to senior management.
- Provide project-level estimates and lead team through story level estimation efforts.
- Ensure team compliance with SDLC standards and CD/CI procedures; introduce new standards and opportunities for improvements.
- Support multi-team and cross-program project efforts, serve as technical lead where necessary.
- Initiate and facilitate partnership between multiple software engineering and delivery teams.
- Observes and communicates performance of team members to assist in their development.
- Utilize emerging technologies to innovate and develop features for new and existing products.
- Work in a diverse, supportive, educational, and fun agile environment where team collaboration is embraced. Paychex's culture encourages innovation and personal growth.
- Participate in design/requirement sessions to help drive innovative approaches for tackling complex product needs.
- Contribute to the ongoing development and maintenance of our deployment pipeline and Automation Test repository.
- Strengthen your skills and abilities to build success with a nationally recognized company.
- Support mentorship of new employees to help them grow their skills and knowledge within the application space.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer related discipline.
- 5+ years of proven work experience in a related field.
- Knowledge of relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well in a team setting.
- Experience working with Azure and related technologies is a plus.
- Experience working with CI/CD in an Agile environment is a plus.